Launch Leeds 2016
Tickets are now on sale for Launch Leeds 2016, One Dance UK's career development day for students and recent graduates! Learn more here.
New national dance industry body launched and name announced – One Dance UK
On Monday 7 December 2015, 450 dance professionals packed the Royal Society of Medicine in London – with hundreds more watching online – as a new industry body for the dance sector was launched and its new name and brand – One Dance UK – was unveiled.
The new charity has been created from a bold merger between four leading specialist dance organisations: Association of Dance of the African Diaspora, Dance UK, National Dance Teachers Association and Youth Dance England.
Please visit our new website to learn about our future plans.
Lobby, champion, advocate, develop, nurture, inform, guide
Dance UK works on behalf of its members and the wider dance sector to:
- Lobby politicians and funders.
- Champion healthier dancers and a healthier dance economy.
- Advocate for the increased profile of dance in all its diverse and dynamic forms.
- Develop and facilitate networks for the profession.
- Nurture and encourage career development.
- Provide information and guidance for the public and professionals.
Find out more about Dance UK's ongoing work and how you can get involved by downloading the below information pack:
Dance UK moved into shared offices with Youth Dance England, National Dance Teachers Association and Association of Dance of the African Diaspora in August 2014 to continue collaboratively working together. We have used storage supported by Henfield Storage