Click here to Join/Renew Now
Individual membership is just £35 and £20 for students and recent graduates. Corporate rates start at just £60.
Please note: prices increased on 1 April 2014. This has been the first price increase for five years.
As the arts face a period of economic uncertainty, Dance UK is urging dance professionals to stand together. Dance UK was set up for dance professionals by dance professionals in 1982 and works to tackle the big issues that the dance sector faces as a unified force representing the needs of all dancers.
Dance UK’s work is diverse, but projects include:
- Professional development and mentoring opportunities for dancers and choreographers
- Developing healthier dancer practice, including opening the first NHS clinic for injured dancers
- Expanding business and management skills in the dance sector through training, events and online resources
- Promoting the importance of dance to politicians and government
- Creating publications for the dance sector including our bi-annual magazine, books and information sheets on a range of topics from choreographer’s rights to effective warm-up techniques
- Facilitating peer-to-peer learning and networking for dance professionals
- Running the Choreographer’s Directory, a free searchable directory of independent choreographers
- Promoting the work of dance companies and artists across the UK
- Ensuring dancers have access to up-to-date health information
As Tamara Rojo, Dance UK Board member and Artistic Director of English National Ballet, says:
‘If you want your voice to be heard, if you want your opinion to count, if you want dance to matter, join Dance UK’.
Your membership will help Dance UK to campaign for development and investment in dance, whether that’s ensuring all school children have the opportunity to learn to dance or increasing access to top-quality medical care for dancers. Dance UK's membership is an extended network including national and international dance organisations, individuals working in dance (performers, choreographers, managers, medical practitioners etc) and those who simply support dance.
Besides being part of the dance community, is there anything else that I can get from joining Dance UK?
Yes, membership entitles you to the following benefits:
- an exclusive subscription to Dance UK's bi-annual magazine
- a free set of printed information sheets covering a range of topics from nutrition to PAYE
- discounted public liability insurance
- specialist advice and support by phone or email if you have health or wellbeing concerns
- members-only discounts on Dance UK's events and training
- the opportunity to apply for Dance UK mentoring and training programmes
- a member's only monthly e-newsletter including job and audition lists
- promotion of your work on Dance UK's website, e-news and social media
- inclusion of your videos on Dance UK TV
- the opportunity to attend FREE members' events with the chance to network
- discounts on Dance UK's publications and posters
- access to Dance UK's professional e-group networks and discussion forums
- the opportunity to join Dance UK's Choreographers Directory (subject to approval)
- Discount postings on Dance UK's jobs and auditions noticeboard
- discounted theatre tickets and events with selected partner organisations
- the opportunity to join The Dance Register (subject to approval)
Click on the description that most accurately meets your profile on the right to find out exactly what we could do for you.
Sounds great! How much is it and how do I join?
We're glad to hear that. You can join Dance UK as an individual member, a student member or as a corporate company. If you are a choreographer joining as an individual member you can also apply to join the UK Choreographers Directory at the same time.
Individual membership is just £35 and £20 for students and recent graduates
- Valid for 12 months from the month you join
- If you are a student or have graduated in the last 12 months, you pay the student rate
- If you are joining as an individual members you can join the UK Choreographers Directory (UKCD) at the same time for an extra £40 - click here for more information
Click here to Join/Renew Now
Forgotten your log in details?
If you need a reminder of your log in details, email email@example.com or call 020 7713 0730.
Corporate membership starts at just £60
- Because Dance UK understands the situation for small dance companies, the corporate membership fee is based on the organisation's annual turnover making it affordable from just £60 per year upwards
- Dance UK corporate membership gives the company access to all the general benefits listed above, excluding discounts on Public Liability Insurance
- Corporate members can receive up to 10 copies of each Dance UK magazine and e-newsletter for their staff members and/or libraries
- Corporate members also get discounted places for up to 10 staff for each Dance UK event
- Corporate members are invoiced each financial year, as joining online is unfortunately not yet available for corporate members.
- Please download the application form below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or please do call us on 020 7713 0730 for more information.
- The rates are listed on the corporate membership application form and are based on a financial year (beginning of April - end of March).
- Corporate Membership Application Form (41.5 KB)