We have secured two insurance schemes especially for our members who are working as are teachers or company dancers.
Public liability insurance for dance teachers
With effect from March 2010, Dance UK indevidual members can benefit from lower premiums through the improved ‘First Step’ insurance scheme, only available to members of Dance UK and Dance Resource Base Northern Ireland. Unlike some forms of insurance on the market, this package is flexible to teachers who also do pilates and drama activity, providing that it is not the core of your teaching activity.
Dance UK is pleased to announce a significant number of enhancements to the scope of the insurance provided, as well as reducing the premium, saving Dance UK members £49 a year.
Victoria Trotter, Dance UK member and teacher says:
'Thumbs up to Dance UK and Gordon & Co for the changes to the First Step insurance policy, cheaper premium and personal accident benefits!'
First Step, which is administered by Gordon & Co Insurance Brokers and underwritten by ACE European Group Limited.
- Public/products liability
Limit of indemnity £5,000,000 any one incident/unlimited during the period of insurance in respect of public liability and any one incident/in the aggregate during the period of insurance in respect of products liability.
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Limit of indemnity £5,000,000 any one incident and in the aggregate during the period of insurance.
- Personal accident insurance
Individual dance teachers will be covered for the following benefits: The operative time will be occupational accidents only, including commuting.
Permanent total disablement* £20,000.
Permanent disabling injuries up to £20,000.
Loss of one or more limbs £20,000.
Loss of sight in one or both eyes £20,000.
Loss of hearing in both ears £20,000.
Loss of hearing in one ear £5,000.
Temporary total disablement £200 per week payable for 52 weeks, subject to a 7 day deferment. (Definition of permanent total disablement is “permanent disabling injury which results in the individual person’s inability to perform or give attention to their usual occupation as a dance teacher").
In addition, would you please note that all members involved in teaching children must be CRB approved and a question relating to this can be found on the renewal instruction.
Gordon and Co are independent insurance brokers authorised and regulated in the conduct of their business by the Financial Services Authority.
For further information regarding the insurance schemes, please call Gordon & Co 020 7251 2255. You can also visit their website: www.firststepinsurance.co.uk
The British Olympic Association’s Athlete Medical Scheme for Company Dancers
Corporate member companies are invited to insure their dancers at competitive rates on the British Olympic Association’s (BOA) Athlete Medical Scheme (AMS).
This allows their dancers to claim expenses for the following, when treated in the UK:
- Physiotherapy, approved chiropractors and osteopaths (inc max. of £500 p.a. for physio etc.).
- Out-patient consultations, diagnostic procedures such as X-rays, pathology (e.g. blood tests), ultrasound scans. Maximum £1,000 p.a.
- Hospital accommodation, including charges for day cases. Full cover.
- Operating theatre including drugs, surgical dressings and appliances employed in the course of the operation. Full cover.
- Surgeons’ and anaesthetists’ fees. Up to the maximum permitted under insurer’s schedule of recommended charges.
- CAT scans, MRI scans. Up to the maximum permitted under insurer’s schedule of recommended charges.
For further information, please contact the Dance UK office on 020 7713 0730.