Medical Practitioner profile
Dr. Carol Ann Chapman
- Practitioner Type: Psychologist
- Specialist Experience: I have been providing specialist psychotherapy to performers for many years through BAPAM using approaches for which there is good evidence, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. I help performers with a wide range of psychological problems and also offer coaching for performance enhancement.
- Dance Styles: Classical Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Tap
- Regions: London, UK
- Qualifications: BA (Hons), M.Sc, D.Psych, C. Psychol. I am Honorary Lecturer in Performance Psychology at University College, London
- Professional Bodies: BPS, HPC
- Services Provided: Assessment and treatment for performance problems including anxiety, stress, burnout, career issues, depression, PTSD, relationship problems and interpersonal conflicts, anger/aggression, insomnia, dealing with strains, injuries and medical problems, problems with self-confidence and self-criticism, procrastination, time management, goal-setting. Also performance coaching to facilitate optimum performance and develop mental skills including learning, memory and concentration.
- Years Experience: 13
British Association for Performing Arts Medicine
Totara Park House, 4th Floor
34–36 Gray's Inn Road