What is it?
The Dance Educators Group (DEG) is an informal, un-funded, national networking group of dance education officers and managers who work for dance companies, dance venues or dance agencies across the UK. The Group usually meets 3 times a year to:
• Share knowledge around dance education.
• Provide information on new developments in the sector.
• Give an opportunity for members to share best practice and network.
• Enable peers to consult and discuss issues and present their work to one another.
Members decide the focus of each meeting to which one or two speakers are usually invited to talk in a voluntary capacity.
The DEG also offers other agencies the chance to consult with, or inform, an experienced and committed group of dance educators.
Who are the current members of DEG?
• Clare Thurman (Ballet Education Manager, Royal Opera House)
• Jasmine Wilson (Director of Creative Learning, Wayne McGregor | Random Dance)
Co-coordinators: Emma Kerr (Creative Projects Manager, East London Dance) and Lucy Field (Independent Dance Specialist)
How can I become involved with the group?
If you manage the education programme of a professional dance company, dance venue or dance agency and would like to join the Dance Educators Group, or are interested in presenting or consulting with the Group, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The Dance Educators Group is very popular so new members will be invited to join as capacity allows.