What is it?
The National Choreographers Forum (NCF) is a network for professional choreographers and others who are committed to raising the profile of choreography. It welcomes members working in all contexts including theatre, film, opera, community, musicals and trade shows and in commissioned, commercial and independent situations. NCF is a means by which choreographers can be the first to hear about relevant opportunities and events, contribute to debate and discussion, air views, and ask questions, all by email.
What does the NCF do?
The NCF aims to:
- Provide a forum for debate.
- Facilitate the professional development of the choreographer.
- Encourage communication between choreographers.
- Share knowledge and information.
- Make visible the many skills and creative partnerships involved in choreographic processes.
- Work in partnership with other agencies where appropriate.
- Offer choreographers the full services of Dance UK.
NCF's activities include:
- Publishing a special edition of Dance UK News focussing on choreography (Summer 2004). Back issues available from Dance UK.
- Continuing to profile choreographic work on a regular basis in Dance UK News.
- Commissioning research into the working patterns and skills of choreographers.
- Choreoforum: A networking and professional development event for choreographers.
- Expanding and relaunching the Choreographers Directory.
- Establishing observerships and other professional development schemes for choreographers.
- Publishing and distributing report based on the research carried out in 2000.
- Seminars, talks and events of relevance to choreographers.
How can I be involved with this forum?
All members of Dance UK especially professional choreographers are welcome to join the email list. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in joining the group.